Pages

Friday 14 October 2016

My High Heel Affair

There is always that one thing you like the most as a kid and your mom says “no” for it. When I was a kid, I was very attracted to wearing high heels. I would always end up scrolling the heels section at the shoe shop. God knows, how many times my mom must have dragged me off there.

When I was 9 years old, I remember going on a trip to Chennai to attend a family friend’s wedding. That was my first flight experience. I was on cloud nine to seat in an Airplane. I had spread the news to all my friends a couple of weeks ago. It was super exciting. Bunk school for a week plus the air travel. It felt like I had won a jackpot.  I can never forget, that the first flight decided my career. After seeing the Air hostess walking in heels I knew what I wanted to do in life, which will let me wear high heels forever. After we were back, one day I decided tell my mom about my decision. I went to her and said, I will become an Air hostess when I grow up and you can never stop me from wearing heels”.

The Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training was a big boom during the early 2000’s. Those full page newspaper ads kept me high spirited.   Later, I started convincing mom that I need to buy heels and practice walking. I even managed to buy one after a lot of buttering. How I wish I has clicked a picture of my First heels. Once I had them I began to practice the right walk. Slowly, the craze for heels faded. I can’t remember what took over but I stopped thinking about it completely. 

As I grew up, my liking's changed and so did my decision
about my career. I never thought I would end up as a Content Writer. I am happy I realized what I wanted to do quite early. I am not very patient who could have handled the passengers well if I went with my Air hostess dream. And to talk about wearing heels all the time, it would be so painful. I love and enjoy working as a creative person. But today, my high heel affair is over! I don’t have a single heel. That childhood attraction has disappeared somewhere.


We all have such stories from our childhood. A few things we still continue to do and some just fade away with time. Even today, when I am traveling and see an Air hostess, I remember when I was a kid my first career choice was made on the basis of wearing heels. Now, I find it so funny to go back and think about how crazy I was for that one thing. 


Do share in the comment section about what you aspired to be as a Kid.



Linking this post with Write Tribe prompt of the week FridayReflections





No comments:

Post a Comment